DescriptionIt's a top-scroller that uses a "Your move-My move" system. This is multiplied about 30 times because every enemy on the level is allowed a move for every one of yours, but they don't all know where you are right away. It has a good and somewhat optional storyline, for the replay factor. When you create a new character you can distribute ability points between three characteristics, and select their gender and name. The levels and weapon abilities are randomly generated for an extremely high replay value.
Part of the Following Groups
- Castle of the Winds series
- Games with randomly generated environments
- Mythology: Norse / Germanic
- Rogue variants / Roguelikes
|One game I will play my entire life||Elysia Todd (3)|
|I'm addicted!||Pat White (5)|
|Classic rogue-like RPG||Attila (494)|
There are no critic reviews for this game.
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
Apr 27, 2014
|Platforms: DOS?||14||Pseudo_Intellectual (45174)
Jan 06, 2009
SalesBefore the shareware version was re-released as freeware, it generated about 13,500 game registrations.
Shareware releaseThe game was originally released in two parts, Part 1 was shareware and downloadable from Epic Megagames. Part 2 was a ~$25 purchase, and continued the storyline.
Part one was subtitled A Question of Vengeance, part two was Lifthransir's Bane. It had a Norse mythology theme, as opposed to the usual Tolkienesque style.
Information also contributed by Xoleras
Related Web Sites
- Download Castle of the Winds (Free, legal download of the shareware version of Castle of the Winds -- look for $CASTLE.ZIP)
- The Rick Saada Home Page (The full game (re-released as Freeware) can be downloaded from here.)