DescriptionVideocart-8 contains two traditional number games: Mind Reader and Nim.
- Mind Reader is a numerical version of the popular combination guessing game most commonly known as Master Mind. The console chooses a random number with 2 to 5 digits, according to player selection. The player is given 20 chances to guess the number the console has chosen. After every guess, the display shows how many numbers were correctly placed, and how many numbers are correct but in the wrong spot. Every wrong guess increases the computer's score by one, and finding the code increases the player's score by the number of remaining guesses. The goal is to reach 100 points before the computer does. An alternative game mode gives the player a time limit instead of a limited number of trials.
- Nim is a single-player adaptation of a traditional 2-player number game. According to the game options, there are 3, 6, or 9 piles on screen, each with 1 to 15 elements, as designated by the numbers on screen. The player and the console now take turns at removing arbitrary numbers of elements from the piles. They have to remove at least 1 element, and they can only remove elements from one pile in any turn. The side that gets to remove the last element from the playing field, wins the round. Winning a round is rewarded with a predefined number of points, and the goal is to be the first to reach 100 points. The game can also be played with a time limit, which increases the points awarded per round.
- "Videocart-8: Mind Reader, Nim" -- Informal name
- "Videocart-6: Magische Zahlen: Gedankenlesen / Nim" -- SABA release
- "Programkassett 8: Master Mind (Magiska Tal)" -- Luxor release
- "Cassette 6: Magische Zahlen" -- Nordmende release
- "6: Magische Zahlen: Zahlenraten / Nim" -- ITT release
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Cart details (Cart and box scans, manual, and other info.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.