DescriptionCharlotte's Web: Wilbur and Friends is a game based on the children's movie Charlotte's Web. In comparison to the handheld version this is no platformer but a mini games collection aimed at children. The player can freely switch between four backgrounds (a barn, a countryside, the Country Fair and a junkyard) and choose the mini games by clicking on the assigned portion of the screen. Sometimes the player unlocks new mini games or still photos from the movie when beating a part of a mini game.
The twelve mini games are:
- Wilbur's Barn: In this game the player has to take care of Wilbur's needs, e.g. hunger, thirst or boredom. Wilbur speaks about his wishes through voice acting and the player needs to drag & drop the correct item, e.g. food or water, onto Wilbur. These items are listed on a bar on the bottom of the screen.
- Haystack: Similar to Sokoban the player moves Wilbur through labyrinths in a top-down view and needs to push haystacks onto blinking fields. In higher levels the difficulty increases with a limited number of moves and obstacles like treadmills, puddles and switches.
- The Fleeing Pig: The player controls Wilbur as he flees from a stable boy. Wilbur runs toward the camera and the player needs to dodge obstacles and collect food.
- Croquet with Trempleton: In this game the player controls the rat Trempleton which uses its tail to hit a egg. The player needs to shoot at glowing lamps without hitting other obstacles.
- Number Web: In this tile matching game numbers are falling from the top of the screen and the player needs to sort them to build rows of three identical or sequential numbers. Alternatively he can also match even or uneven numbers. If he builds such a row they vanish and reward points.
- Charlotte's Search: In this game the player indirectly controls Charlotte, the spider. which swings through her spider web. The player sets the stopping point of her web which controls the extent of the next swing. The goal is to collect scattered letters to build a given word.
- Duck Hunt: This game is similar to Zuma Deluxe: The player controls Fern, Wilbur's human friend, on the Country Fair. Differently colored ducks swim on differently formed courses and the player throws a duck between them to match at least three identically coloured ducks in a row.
- Bumper Car: Once again in top-down view the player controls a bumper car and collects as much silver and golden rings as possible. These appear on the screen when bumping into other cars.
- Popcorn: Templeton is on the top of a popcorn machine and needs to get to the bottom. Because he is hoggish he simply eats the popcorn on the way. But when he leaves an empty space behind him all the stuff above it falls down. If solid candy hits him the game is over.
- Spider Eggs: Another tile matching variant. This time the player frees Charlotte's children by connecting three or more spider eggs of the same colour.
- Sticker Collection: A creativity programme which could be described as a downgraded Mario Paint. Without a defined goal the player designs stickers by using coloured pens, brushes, effects, stamps, backgrounds, objects and speech bubbles. The results can be printed out.
- Puzzles: There are also a few sliding puzzles with pictures of the characters.
There are no Windows screenshots for this game.
- "Schweinchen Wilbur und seine Freunde: Entdecke den Bauernhof" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Pigs
- Boulder Dash variants
- Charlotte's Web games
- Genre: Sliding block / tile puzzle
- Genre: Tile matching puzzle (creation)
- Genre: Tile matching puzzle (removal)
- Inspiration: Movies
- Soko-Ban variants
There are no reviews for this game.
The Press Says
|Game Captain||Jan 31, 2007||62 out of 100||62|
|GameStar (Germany)||Jan, 2007||27 out of 100||27|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.