Back of Box
It's All New!...And It's Even Better!Natural Language Analysis - Gives advice and analysis on how to move, and why, in conversational English. First of its kind.
Teaching Display - Graphically illustrates board coverage, legal moves, and pieces threatened by capture.
Help - Instant help with one keystroke.
Opening Moves Library - Choose from over 150,000 starting positions.The Mind of The Chessmaster 3000...
We Took the Best Chess Program in the World, The Chessmaster 2100, and Added Another Ten Man-Years of Work by our Programmers and Graphic Artists!
The results will amaze you! Every feature that won The Chessmaster it's awards and accolades has been kept or improved upon. Not only does The Chessmaster 3000 play stronger chess... it's packed with brand new features from the wish lists of our chess champion consultants.
Now easier for the novice and more challenging for the expert.
The Chessmaster 3000 as a Mentor...
- Extensive, interactive, animated tutorial. The Chessmaster 3000 monitors and guides your progress.
- Stronger, Faster Chess Play
- Featuring the latest in artificial chess technology.
Multiple Personalities - Choose from a library of unique computer opponents. Challenge Newcomer, Pawn Grabber and Champion of the Past. Create your own opponents.
Time Controls - Unlimited levels of play. Play x minutes per game, x minutes per move, x moves in x minutes, fixed depth, equal time, infinite time. Set separate time controls for white and black.
Rate My Play - Let The Chessmaster 3000 determine your chess rating.
Chess Notations - Choose from coordinate, algebraic, long algebraic, English descriptive, and international coorespondence.
Solve for Mate - Find multiple solutions.The Chessmaster 3000 as a Resource and Reference...
- Including adjournment, 3 move repetition, 50 and 100 move rules, draw claims, insufficient material and more.
Game File Manager - Save, load, erase, merge and move game files. Up to 32 character file name.
Classic Games - Replay and analyze 150 of the greatest games in chess history, from the 19th century to the computer age.
Import/Export - Interface with the most popular chess database programs and information services. Import move lists and board positions from ASCII files.
Printing - Print games, boards, and certificates of achievement. Supports text and graphic mode printers and laser printers.
Multi-Branch Move History - Return to a previous move and explore any number of alternatives without losing original line of player.The New Look and Fell...
- 3-D, 2-D and War Room views. Rotate board. Set 3-D viewing angle and perspective. Analog or digital chess clocks. Play blindfold chess.
Multiple Chess Sets - Choose from Staunton, Fantasy, Alphabet, and more. Design your own Chess sets.
Modern Interface - Multiple, moveable, resizable windows and scroll bars in DOS and Microsoft Windows versions.
Piece Movement - Move pieces with keyboard, mouse, or cursor keys.
Set-up Mode - Set up your own Brainteasers.
Annotation Notepad - Add comments and notes to key moves.
Dazzling Graphics - State of the art upgraded graphics.
Added by JPaterson (9098) on Aug 26, 2003
From the Mindscape International Leisure Catalogie 1992/93
The best chess program in the world just got better! Every feature that won the Chessmaster its awards and accolades has been kept or improved upon. Not only does the Chessmaster 3000 play stronger chess... it's packed with brand new features from the wish list of our chess champion consultants.
"Chessmaster 3000 claims to be the best chess game in the world, and I wouldn't care to argue."
9/10 PC Review
- The new look and feel... perspectives, multiple chess sets, modern interface, piece movement, set up mode, annotation notepad and dazzling graphics.
- The mind of the Chessmaster 3000... stronger, faster chess play, multiple personalities, time controls, tournament, fate my play, chess notations and solve for mate.
- Use the Chessmaster 3000 as a resource and referee... USFC rules, game file manager, classic games, printing and multi-branch move history.
- Employ the Chessmaster as your mentor... chess tutor, natural language analysis, teaching display, help and opening moves library.
Added by -Chris (7371) on May 29, 2003