DescriptionChessmaster 5000 is the 10th Anniversary release of the game.
This implementation features a revised Windows interface, new tutorials, a new chess database with over twenty seven thousand entries, new time controls, sound effects and music.
The game can be played against an AI opponent, against another person or against a remote player.
The game's documentation lists the following as the top fifteen new features of this game;
- New engine optimised for a 32-bit Pentium
- New graphics including more than ten new chess sets both 2D and 3D plus a number of new boards
- A new chess database with twenty seven thousand entries. This is not installed with the game, it stays on the CD-ROM
- Over 20 new tutorial courses written by Eric Schller, the Californian State Champion
- A new Windows 95 interface which makes use of pop-up menus and context sensitive help. Chessmaster 5000 also supports long file names
- A NEW Coach window which shows a quick summary of all possible moves.
- Custom True Type chess font which lets Chessmaster 5000 support figurine notation and embedded board diagrams in annotations.
- Over sixty new opening books customised to simulate the play of a famous grand master.
- Over thirty new personalities of all levels
- New time controls including the Fischer time control, the hourglass time control and a new LCD-style digital clock in addition to the analog clocks.
- Two thousand named opening variations, a great increase on earlier versions which recognised two hundred. Among the new openings are the hippopotamus, the tumbleweed gambit, and the Latvian Defence/Corkscrew counter gambit
- A glossary with over sixteen hundred entries
- Enhanced annotator now generates summary statistics for the game and additional commentary on inadvisable moves.
There are no promo images for this game
- "国际象棋大师5000" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Schach" -- Hörzu Software release title
- "Guoji Xiangqi Dashi 5000" -- Chinese title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Sep, 1996||100|
|GameSpot||Aug 23, 1996||9.4 out of 10||94|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Feb 01, 1997||87 out of 100||87|
|Joystick (French)||Oct, 1996||84 out of 100||84|
|Power Play||Sep, 1996||81 out of 100||81|
|High Score||Jan, 1997||4 out of 5||80|
|HappyPuppy||Dec 18, 1996||8 out of 10||80|
|PC Joker||Feb, 1997||76 out of 100||76|
|PC Games||Nov, 1996||B||75|
|Computer Games Magazine||1997||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.