The Club Ad Blurbs
Step into the shoes of eight modern-day gladiators thrown in an underground bloodsport controlled by a faceless, obscenely wealthy elite who place their bets on who will survive the bloodbath before them. Do you have what it takes to survive in The Club™?
- Rise through the ranks: Choose from eight different characters to rise through the ranks, uncovering each person's true motives and intentions. Blast your way through five single player game modes including Sprint, Time Attack, Survivor, Siege, and Run the Gauntlet.
- Earn respect online: Shoot to the top of the Leaderboards in over eight cutthroat multiplayer modes. Face off against 7 other opponents online in real-time or battle offline with 4-player split-screen action.
- Go global with The Club: Gamers battle in eight unique real-world locations from around the globe, including war-torn cities, abandoned factories, steel mills, and more.
- Take part in extreme gun battles: A motion blur camera system intensifies the adrenaline rush in both open range and close-quarter firefights. Players can destroy and manipulate objects in the environment to their advantage.
- Build up your score: A unique score-based accumulation system creates even more competition among players. Score more points by being faster, more efficient and accurate, then use those points to unlock weapons, characters and maps.
- Pick your favorite weapon: Choose from 17 customizable high-powered assault weapons, including automatic weapons, sniper rifles, high-caliber pistols, submachine guns, mounted weapons, and many more.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22326) on Oct 10, 2010.
Kills earn scores. Scores mean success. Success means survival. Welcome to The Club, on PlayStation 3.
- Play a range of different game modes including Run The Gauntlet, Team Skull Shot and Score Match
- Control one of eight different deadly characters, each with their own unique strengths and weaknesses
- With music by industry legends Richard Jacques and Jesper Kyd
Welcome to The Club - the world's most exclusive and lethal spectator sport.
For decades a secret network of corrupt politicians, sick businessmen and the bored elite have been arranging real life deathmatches between men of differing motivations. Some within The Club's participants are there for thrills, others against their will. What unites them is skill with a gun.
In eight global locations you control one of these misfit gladiators. Survival is not your sole concern. To succeed you must kill quickly, build huge combos, display outrageous skill with your gun and remain ruthlessly focused - for no matter how good you think you are, there will always be someone willing to risk their life to beat your score.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (22326) on May 20, 2010.
- SHOOT YOUR WAY THROUGH 48 SINGLE-PLAYER LEVELS
- UNIQUE COMBO SCORE KILL SYSTEM
- EARN RESPECT ONLINE IN EIGHT-PERSON MULTIPLAYER BATTLES
COME FEARLESS. COME STRONG. COME PACKINGFIGHT IN AN UNDERGROUND BLOOD SPORT AS ONE OF EIGHT TRAINED KILLERS BATTLING IN EXPLOSIVE RUN-AND-GUN MATCHES FOR THE ULTIMATE PRIZE - SURVIVAL.
Contributed by Big John WV (27263) on Jun 22, 2009.
Sega Announces a Bizarre 3rd Person Shooter!SEGA & Bizarre Creations Announce New Project For Next-Gen Platforms
Friday, May 05 2006
LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (5th May, 2006) - SEGA Europe Ltd. and SEGA of America, Inc. today are proud to announce The Club (Working Title) for Next-Gen consoles in 2007. The Club is the next project from award-winning UK based development powerhouse, Bizarre Creations, the studio behind the definitive next-gen racing game, Project Gotham Racing 3. Bizarre Creations are once again in partnership with SEGA having already enjoyed past success with the beloved Metropolis Street Racer.
Within The Club, Bizarre Creations will redefine and refresh the mechanics of 3rd person action shooters just as they have shaken up the racing genre. The Club focuses on addictive and rewarding gameplay that tests your skills to the limit and offers a relentless pace never before seen within the genre. Offering frantic, fast paced gameplay with a unique style, tone and storyline that drips with energy, attitude and anarchy, The Club will be a genuine showcase for the capabilities of the next-gen platforms by maximising the graphical and audio technology available to give a gameplay experience that is second to none. The game focuses on addictive and rewarding gameplay that tests your skills to the limit and leaves you, and the rest of the world, in no doubt about how good you really are.
"The Club is the most exciting game I have seen in ages. It's one of those titles, even at this stage in development, which I cannot put down - it will be huge." commented Matt Woodley, Creative Director of SEGA.
"Here at Bizarre Creations we feel The Club brings the pillars of classic SEGA gameplay bang up to date for the next generation of hardware, gaming and gamers" commented Martyn Chudley, Managing Director, Bizarre Creations Ltd. "We are truly excited by the prospects of this game and of our partnership with SEGA."
The Club is a loosely organised and highly illegal underground entity. The Club is a meeting ground for those seeking the ultimate in vicarious thrills, and those who want to watch them. You have been entered into the sport, and against the odds must fight for survival.
Set in a variety of unusual and evocative locations scattered across the globe, you will be wielding high-powered weaponry in a bid to earn your escape. Your first task is to survive, but you must kill according to their rules - quickly, relentlessly and with style.
Kill or be killed, stand still and you're dead!The Club hits Europe and America in 2007 on Next-Gen platforms. Bizarre Creations will be conducting in-depth presentations behind closed doors for select press at E3 on the SEGA booth #946, South Hall. In addition to the presentation there will be a sneak preview video running on the video wall on the show floor.
Contributed by karttu (4712) on Dec 25, 2008.
Kills earn scores. Scores bring success. Success means survival.This is the mantra of The Club. A secret network of corrupt businessmen and sick millionaires who fund and gamble upon the world's most lethal bloodsport. Now the next victims are ready to fight.Take control of one of eight modern day gladiators and remember at all times - Kill quickly because in The Club, if you stand still you're dead...
8 global locations.
5 single player modes.
8 multiplayer modes.
49 single player challenges.
Over 200 global leaderboards.
17 different weapons.
Contributed by karttu (4712) on Dec 25, 2008.