Cold Fear Ad Blurbs
On a Hell-bound vessel, everyone is dead weight. Cold Fear™ is redefining the action-horror genre.
- Unique Game play: The violent storm constantly rocks the ship’s deck creating unpredictable game play that challenges user stability. Dangerous waves, blinding foam, slippery rain, swinging lifeboats and cables can either help or hurt the player’s ability to survive.
- Interactive Environments: Use objects on the ship to kill enemies. Destroy enemies with electrical transformers, fire bullets at combustible barrels and shoot steam pipes to reveal invisible enemies.
- Powerful Enemies: Aggressive, intelligent enemies including mercenaries, frantic mutants and lurking parasites engage the user in intense combat. Each enemy has different strengths and weaknesses so the user will constantly be confronted by new threats.
- Realistic Weapons: Choose one of seven weapons to kill enemies. Firepower includes an AK47, a shotgun, MP5, flamethrower, grenade launcher, and an experimental spear gun.
- Unique Camera Angles: A new feature within the horror genre, the over-the-shoulder camera angle enhances action and aids long-range combat.
- Land a Critical Hit: The critical hit offers the user unique ways to kill his enemies with a single shot in desperate situations.
In the throes of a ferocious arctic storm, distress signals are sent from a seemingly abandoned Russian whaler. As Coast Guard veteran Tom Hansen, you board the ship to investigate—and discover unthinkable horrors lurking beneath the ship's bloodstained decks.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (21276) on Sep 07, 2010.
Prepare for some serious shivers down your spine as Ubisoft's first foray into the world of
- Action horror from Darkworks, creators of Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare
- Intense weapons combat in fully interactive environments
- Dramatic, tension-filled gameplay with an element of the unexpected
action horror heads out onto the icy waters.
Set aboard a mysterious drifting whaling ship, Cold Fear combines elements of both the
action and horror genres to create an intense, nerve-shredding experience that'll have you
quaking in your boots. Venture nervously down dirty, rust-ridden corridors with shocking
surprises lurking around every corner, and encounter enemies of both the human and
'other' varieties in this tension-filled action horror.
You play as Tom Hansen, a US lifeguard sent to board a drifting Russian whaling ship in
the Bering Sea. Stranded on the constantly rocking ship, Hansen quickly discovers that
something evil and unnatural is afoot onboard - and we're not talking about whaling.
Exploring the shifting, volatile environment of the ship (and, later on, an oil rig), the plucky
lifeguard faces myriad threats from both human enemies and less familiar adversaries.
With fast and furious weapons combat (Hansen's arsenal includes a laser-sighted pistol
and semi-automatic), foreboding, treacherous environments and a high shock factor
throughout, Cold Fear is not recommended for players of a nervous disposition.
Contributed by DreinIX (9397) on Mar 27, 2008.
In a ferocious Arctic storm, distress signals are sent from a mysterious Russian whaler. As leading Coast Guard veteran Tom Hansen, you board to investigate – and discover unthinkable horrors lurking beneath the ship’s bloodstained decks.
- Brave dangerous waters: Rocked by huge breakers, you must steady your nerves – and aim – to evade a watery grave.
- Keep your bearings: Battle against increasingly mutated enemies in treacherous, unstable environments.
- Unleash a torrent of weapons: Create fatal traps and use shotguns, flame throwers, or any object you can find to survive.
Contributed by UV (7202) on Dec 18, 2005.
Embark on a Voyage of No Return
You are Tom Hansen, a US Coast Guard, investigating a distress call from a large Russian whaler in the middle of the Bering Sea. A ferocious storm descends and a watery gateway to hell opens, as the horror lurking beneath the ship's bloodstained decks rises.
From a sinister whaler infested by mutated & clever enemies to a hostile oil rig, there will be no safe place.
Unleash lethal weapons: battle with shotguns, flame throwers... or any object on hand to destroy your evolving foes.
Keep your bearings in treacherous waters: face huge breakers, driving rain and stormy winds that constantly rock the ship.
Blast your enemies: spill their blood with cool finishing moves!
Contributed by MAT (140908) on May 17, 2005.