DescriptionThere is trouble in the mines! Volcanic activity has trapped numerous miners, and it is your job to save them. As Roderick Hero, you need to make your way through the dangerous mineshaft avoiding the dangerous creatures and lava, and find out where the miners are located before you run out of energy. To help on your mission, Roderick Hero has several useful types of equipment. A prop pack will allow you to hover and fly around the mineshaft and (hopefully) avoid the many dangers within. Your helmet features a short range microlaser beam which can be used to destroy the bats, spiders, snakes, and other creatures you'll encounter in the mines. From time to time, your path through the mine may be blocked by stone or lava walls. You begin each mission with six sticks of dynamite which can be used to destroy these obstacles (be careful you don't blow yourself up, though!). If you run out of dynamite, your laser beam can also be used to destroy the walls, though this will take longer and use up more energy. As the levels progress, the mine shaft will become longer and more maze-like, creatures will more frequently block the path, and lava walls and pools will appear which are dangerous to the touch.
- "H.E.R.O.: Helicopter Emergency Rescue Operation" -- Tag-lined title
- "HERO" -- Common spelling
- "Helicopter Emergency Rescue Operation" -- Unabbreviated Title
There are no reviews for the ColecoVision release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|All Game Guide||1998||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesH.E.R.O. appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Activision patchPlayers who were able to rack up 75,000 points or higher were eligible to receive the "Order of the H.E.R.O." patch from Activision if they sent in a screenshot to the company.
- Retro Gamer Magazine
- (Issue 46) - named #2 on the “Top 25 Atari 2600” Games poll
Information also contributed by PCGamer77
- May 1985 (Issue 1) - #12 It's the Zzap! 64 Top 64!
- Game Map (A screenshot map of the game)
- Video review of H.E.R.O.. (YouTube reviewer Metal Jesus reviews H.E.R.O. for Atari 2600. He mentions other ports and shows a bit of the Commodore 64 port but the review is for the original Atari 2600 port.)