DescriptionSmurfette has been kidnapped and is being held atop a platform in Gargamel's castle. The player controls a smurf across the screen and must jump over obstacles, away from spiders, eventually up to smurfette to rescue her. Completing of this task restarts the game with faster moving obstacles and it also takes longer (more scenes) to get to Gargamel's castle.
- "Smurf Rescue" -- ColecoVision in-game title
- "Smurf" -- UK title
- "Schtroumpfs" -- French title
- "Schtroumpf Au château de Gargamel" -- Canadian French title
- "Pitufo" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Groups
|A Fun and Memorable Title That's Smurfing Good.||Guy Chapman (1744)|
|Watch Out For That Deadly Blade of Grass!||ETJB (447)|
The Press Says
|TeleMatch||Jul, 1983||1 out of 6||100|
|GameCola.net||Jan, 2003||6.5 out of 10||65|
|The Video Game Critic||May 10, 2008||C||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaThe Smurf Rescue game is mentioned in several of Coleco's and CBS's catalogues as being available for the Intellivision in addition to the VCS and Colecovision systems. This version was never released, though.
Related Web Sites
- Video review of the ColecoVision, some games and modules (WARNING: Language) (The Angry Video Game Nerd, James Rolfe, reviews the CollecoVision, some modules and games, including Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle on ColecoVision.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.