DescriptionAn expansion pack to Command & Conquer: Generals (which is required to play). The GLA have returned to wage war with new weapons, tactics, and goals. Like the original, you will be able to command USA, GLA and Chinese forces through challenging missions.
- "Command & Conquer: Generals: Heure H" -- French title
- "Command & Conquer: Generäle: Die Stunde Null" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
|The greatest game EVER!!!||Windows||tan_lu_lover (3)|
|Probably the worst "strategy" game ever.||Windows||Jester236 (39)|
|From my point of view this game is quite interesting, but there are MANY BUGS||Windows||Edgars Batnia (2)|
The Press Says
|Game Captain||Windows||Oct 09, 2003||90 out of 100||90|
|GameSpy||Windows||Oct 21, 2003||90|
|Gamers.at||Windows||Oct 09, 2003||89 out of 100||89|
|PC Action||Windows||Oct 23, 2003||88 out of 100||88|
|Games4Mac||Macintosh||2005||87 out of 100||87|
|GameSpot||Windows||Sep 25, 2003||8.6 out of 10||86|
|Gamesmania||Windows||Nov 03, 2003||86 out of 100||86|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Windows||Jan, 2004||80|
|PC Zone Benelux||Windows||Dec, 2003||73 out of 100||73|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Oct 07, 2003||14 out of 20||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Chinese trailerThe "China trailer" (Youtube), uses Chinese language :
- Mainland China uses SIMPLIFIED CHINESE writing, while the trailer used TRADITIONAL Chinese writing (used in Taiwan)
- The Chinese words that appeared just before "Nationalism" translates as "Communist Destructive Potential Cold War"
- The Chinese words just before "Burning Desire" translates as "Communist Special Nuclear Forces"
- The Chinese words just before "Strength in Numbers" and just before the end translates as "Communist Cold War World Positioning System"
DevelopmentAlthough Command & Conquer: Generals was developed outside Westwood (it was made in EA Pacific), Zero Hour was conceived after all the staff from EA Pacific and Westwood moved into EALA. Hence the FMV using real actors and the short time development.
German versionIn the German version all humans were changed to cyborgs.
MediaThe first expansion pack to come on 2 discs.
References to the gameThe game was parodied in an episode of "Die Redaktion" (The Editorial Team), a monthly comedy video produced by the German gaming magazine GameStar. It was published on the DVD of issue 11/2007.
Information also contributed by Karthik KANE.
Related Web Sites
- Bill Brown - Music Composer (Listen to streaming and MP3 music tracks from this title at the composer's official site. )
- The Countdown Begins (An Apple Games article about the Mac version of Zero Hour (April, 2005).)