DescriptionLike any good pirate ship, the old vessel upon which Booty is set is overloading with treasure and so the player takes the role of Jim the Cabin Boy as he tries to collect as much of it as he can. The ship is viewed side-on in a platform-type perspective, and contains 20 holds, each of which is split across 8 screens of treasure. Once the player has cleared each one they have 45 seconds to escape the hold and prepare for the next one.
The levels all feature lots of doors, each of which has its own key to open it - these are numbered. As only one key can be held at a time (pick another up and the first one returns to its original location), and many of the enemies are located behind doors, a great deal of strategy as to which order the keys are collected is required.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Jolly Roger" -- Working title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Commodore User||Aug, 1986||8 out of 10||80|
|Zzap!||Aug, 1987||54 out of 100||54|
There are currently no topics for this game.
QL versionA version on microdrive for the Sinclair QL was also announced by Firebird, and was advertised by retailers, but so far no copies have surfaced.
- Zzap! - May 1985 (Issue 1) - #49 'It's the Zzap! 64 Top 64!'
- Included in Den of Geek's 'The top 50 underappreciated ZX Spectrum games' list.
Related Web Sites
- Commodore Plus/4 World (For Commodore 16, Plus/4: game packaging; online emulation of game; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for the combined platforms of the game.)
- World of SAM.org (for SAM Coupé: all available documentation of SAM Coupé games including reviews, downloadable releases, game packaging imagery, additional material.)
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX-Art - online archive of pixel art and 8-bit music (For ZX Spectrum: music, credits, pixel art. artist's graphics artwork.)