DescriptionThis is adventure #2 in Scott Adam's text adventure series. In this adventure, you shuffle between three locales: an unremarkable (at first) London flat and two islands littered with dangerous critters and people. The goal of the game is to find the two pirate treasures on the treasure island. You move about and use objects by typing one or two word commands such as NORTH, INVENTORY, or GET SNEAKERS. You only have to type the first 3 letters of a command or object for the parser to recognize it.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Pirate's Cove" -- Informal name
- "Pirates Adventure" -- Commodore PET/CBM title
- "Pirate's Adventure" -- Apple II title
- "Pirate Cove" -- Misspelled VIC-20 cover title
- "Baie des pirates" -- Québec French title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Commodore User||Aug, 1985||12 out of 20||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Sinclair ZX Spectrum versionA Spectrum version was advertised (with graphics) but seemingly never released. It was however released at a later date in text only form in the Scott Adams Scoops compilation.
Source codeScott Adams published the BASIC source code to Pirate Adventure in the December 1980 issue of BYTE Magazine (pp. 192-212); the code sets up the virtual machine for the adventure and then largely consists of DATA-statements, thousands of numbers plugging values into the virtual machine. With this (somewhat obtuse) reference, many text adventure fans among BYTE's subscription base reverse-engineered the virtual machine and used it to help get a leg up on advancing their own homebrew text adventures.
Scans of the pages in question can be viewed online here.
Related Web Sites
- Pirate Adventure @ Astoundme.com (Select game from drop down menu and play online.)
- Pirate Adventure at iFiction (Play Pirate Adventure through your web browser!)