is a text adventure in which the player takes control of a police detective working near Los Angeles. The year is 1938, and on this stormy February night a wealthy but frightened man has asked the detective for protection. In spite of his best efforts, a death occurs, and the hero has twelve hours to solve the mystery and try to arrest the killer. If the player thinks there is enough evidence against one or more suspects to convince a jury of their guilt, he can arrest them and conclude the case.
- "The Witness: Somebody's going to take the Deep Six!" -- Tag-lined title
- "The Witness - An INTERLOGIC Mystery" -- Tag-lined title
- "Invitation To Murder" -- Working title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for the Commodore 16, Plus/4 release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
There are no rankings for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
(From The New Zork Times
Vol.3 No.2 Spring 1984)
Some statistics about Witness
- Apparent number of rooms (those seen by the player): 28
- Number of rooms: 31 (for various arcane programming reasons, some locations are inaccessible to the player)
- Number of different ways to die: 2
- Number of words in vocabulary: 711
- Number of takeable objects: 18