DescriptionCompany of Heroes
, from the developers of Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War
, is a real-time strategy game that drops you into the fray of World War II Europe. From the bloody beaches of Omaha to the deadly firefights of the Bocage, you attempt to lead your troops to victory one battle at a time.
What really sets Company of Heroes apart from other real-time strategy games, much like Relic Entertainment's
previous entry, is that you no longer train and control individual troops. Instead you deploy squads of soldiers. Players must train a balanced assortment of units in order to obtain victory over their adversaries.
In addition, resource gathering has gone in a different direction from that of other RTS games. Players must attempt to capture and control strategic points which bring in the much needed resources of manpower, munitions and fuel to build and train new units.
The game's Essence engine brings a level of depth to RTS games with deformable terrain and completely destructible environments. Units will take cover in burnt out craters and tanks can decimate buildings suspected of containing snipers.
The game comes with three modes of play -- single-player campaign, single-player skirmish and online multiplayer.
- "英雄連隊" -- Chinese title (traditional)
- "Company of Heroes: Kompania Braci" -- Polish title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
There are currently no topics for this game.
As of September 2006, Company of Heroes
is fairly unusual for a retail game of its kind. Unlike hundreds of other games on the store shelves, Company of Heroes
does not require the CD-ROM to be present in the drive while playing.
After SEGA acquired the Company of Heroes
rights after THQ's death in early 2013, they permanently shut down the multiplayer servers and transferred multiplayer capabilities to the Steam version. Steam accepts the retail disc code for the game and its expansions for registering.
Information also contributed by
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2007 - Game of the Year 2006
- Games for Windows Magazine
- March 2007 - #2 Game of the Year 2006
- 2006 – #2 Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Game of the Year
- 2006 – #2 Online Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Multiplayer Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Real-Time Strategy Game of the Year
- 2006 – PC Real-Time Strategy Game of the Year (Gamers' Vote)
- 2006 – Best Sound of the Year (PC)
- 2011 – #4 Top PC Game of the 2000s
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 02/2007 – #3 Best Strategy Game in 2006
This entry to the MobyGames database was contributed by Michael Palomino (152)
on Sep 19, 2006.