DescriptionCossacks European Wars is a real time strategy (RTS) wargame based in the 17th and 18th Centuries. Emphasis is placed on historical accuracy, and an excellent manual and on disc manual accompanies the game.
Using a fixed isometric view, you build towns and fortresses and deploy your troops and cavalry in the usual RTS manner. There is resource management in the form of chopping wood, fishing and mining.
Although entitled Cossacks... the game actually allows you to play under the flag of a wide range of European nations. Each having its own building designs, separate troops and specialist troops and weapons.
Naval battles are included as are invasions via ships across oceans and wide rivers.
There is a method of grouping and controlling your troops in the fixed formations common to the period depicted. Up to 8,000 individual units can be active on screen, so the scale of battles is immense.
Single player, set campaigns, random maps and Multiplayer supported.
- "哥萨克：欧洲战争" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Казаки: Европейские Войны" -- Russian spelling
- "Kozacy: Europejskie Boje" -- Polish title
Part of the Following Group
|GamingExcellence||Jul 27, 2001||9.3 out of 10||93|
|Game Chronicles||May 31, 2001||8.8 out of 10||88|
|Gamer's Pulse||May 24, 2001||87 out of 100||87|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Mar 30, 2001||84 out of 100||84|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Apr 19, 2001||79 out of 100||79|
|Game Watcher||Mar 25, 2004||7.7 out of 10||77|
|PC Joker||Nov, 2000||76 out of 100||76|
|IGN||Apr 17, 2001||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Gamezilla||May 22, 2001||75 out of 100||75|
|GameStar (Germany)||Nov, 2000||73 out of 100||73|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cover artThe box features a part of Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks painting by Ilya Repin (1891).
- As of 2005, Cossacks and its two add-ons have sold 2.5 million copies.
- In 2001, Cossacks: European Wars won the Gold-Award from the German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany) for selling more then 100,000 (but less then 200,000) units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland
- 2001 - Gold Award (more information in the "Sales" paragraph)
Related Web Sites
- Cossacks: European Wars (official website)
- Cossacks Heaven (Superb resource for all Cossacks fans, downloads, news etc.)
- Official website (Official website)
- The Ultimate Cossacks Gaming Reference (A superb resource site for multiplayer strategies, tips and more compiled by SavvyPlayer. The site's most impressive feature is its Battle Simulator, which allows you to pit two armies of different units together and gives you accurate feedback on which will win.)