DescriptionEspionage is based on the board game of the same name. Up to four players (either human or computer-controlled) compete to become Master Spy by returning all the micro film canisters back to their base. A player has 12 agents in their team including secret agents, surveillance agents and courier agents. Each type of agent moves around the board in a different way, not unlike in chess. Besides getting the micro film, another objective is to terminate any enemy agents. This is done as in draughts, by jumping over the agent into a free space. Killing enemy agents nets points, which, combined with points for recovered film canisters and surviving agents are tallied for the final score.
The board is viewed from above. It does not fit the screen all at once, so scrolling is necessary. The game offers a hint function (indicating what the computer thinks is the best move to take) as well as the option to show the last move made. The game ends through an (optional and adjustable) time limit or when all film canisters have been retrieved.
There are no Amstrad CPC user screenshots for this game.
There are 11 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Grandslam Entertainment, UK, Atari ST) (For Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Grandslam, ZX Spectrum) (For ZX Spectrum, Cassette: exhibit reference ID CH11071; additional material.)
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- Hall of Light (For Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; game packaging; screenshots; additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Lemon Amiga (For Amiga: game database entry; magazine reviews; music; manual; additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes.)
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.