missing cover art
DescriptionIn Galivan the player takes the role of the last remaining member of the Cosmo Police. His comrades died while trying to free the planet Cynep from the evil roaming on it. Now the player is the last hope.
This game is a mix between a shooter and a platformer: the player walks through the caves, jumps over obstacles and shoots everything in sight. Well, at least if he has a weapon: at the beginning he is unarmed and can only kick or punch. He has to find pyramids which were dropped by his dead colleagues (also sometimes from killed aliens): those grant an armor, more life energy and a weapon. When the player find even another pyramid, the weapon gets upgraded for a limited amount of time.
However, every hit decreases the life energy and if it goes down too far, the armor and weapon are lost. Reaching zero results in death. At the end of every level, the player has to defeat a big boss alien.
There are no Amstrad CPC user screenshots for this game.
There are 39 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "Cosmo Police: Galivan" -- Japanese arcade/NES title
- "Arcade Archives: Cosmo Police - Galivan" -- PlayStation 4 title
- "コスモポリス ギャリバン" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Oct, 1986||3.75 out of 10||38|
|Happy Computer||Dec, 1986||35 out of 100||35|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Games, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- The International Arcade Museum (extensive information about the arcade game machine)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)