DescriptionTwo distinct characters called Mr Head and Mr Heels are played in this arcade adventure. They are separated at the shoulders but capable of joining together to maximize their abilities in some situations (but reduce them in others, so they can be split again).
The game is presented from an isometric perspective, and presents the characters with a number of puzzles involving switches, jumps and climbs. The levels are 3 dimensional, and the characters must collect crowns as they progress. Objects can be picked up and manipulated as necessary.
- "Head Over Heels HD" -- iPad title
- "Head-Over-Heels" -- Atari 8-bit loading title
- "Foot and Mouth" -- Working Title
There are no reviews for the Amstrad CPC release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|Jeuxvideo.com||Nov 04, 2011||17 out of 20||85|
|Happy Computer||1986||81 out of 100||81|
|Tilt||Jun, 1987||15 out of 20||75|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesHead Over Heels appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- Power Play
- 1987 - #3 Best Atari XL Game '87
- Newsfield Reader's Awards - Best Arcade Adventure 1987 (readers choice)
- Newsfield Reader's Awards - Most Challenging Game 1987 (readers choice)
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #35 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Head Over Heels remake (released in 2003 by Retrospec. Versions for Windows, Macintosh, Linux and BeOs are available.)
- Uneasy Lies the Head That Wears the Crown (Something of a curiosity - an academic article examining the significance of the teamwork and combination strategies used in the game)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.