DescriptionRelive Tolkien's The Hobbit as Bilbo Baggins. A piece of Interactive fiction (with graphics to illustrate locations), you follow the plot of Tolkien's book (before the Lord of the Rings trilogy), starting with an encounter with Gandalf and Thorin.
The implementation is rich enough that you can play entirely without pictures if you wish. Also, gameplay happens in realtime, uncommon for interactive fiction.
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Inglish
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Inspiration: Literature
- The Tolkien Software Adventure series
There are no reviews for the Amstrad CPC release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
The Press Says
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Apr, 1987||9.8 out of 12||82|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|I have The Hobbit for GBA.||5||Martin Smith (63054)
Jul 22, 2007
1001 Video GamesThe Hobbit appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
BugsThere is a very famous bug, that you can put yourself inside the chest, close the lid and still walk around in the game and look at things
ExtrasThe original releases of The Hobbit also included Tolkien's full novel as an added bonus.
- February 1991 (issue #41) - Included in the list Greatest Games of all Time, section Adventure Games (editorial staff choice)
- Computer and Video Games
- Golden Joystick Award 1983: Winner Strategy Game of the Year
- May 1985 (Issue 1) - #3 'My Ten All-Time Favourites' (White Wizard)
Related Web Sites
- Crapshoot (A humorous review on PC Gamer)
- The Hobbit on Wikipedia (Here you can find all sorts of info about the game.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.