missing cover art
DescriptionDue to an engine malfunction, your spaceship crashes on the planet Targ. Unlike your trusty vessel, you survive the crash and now have to find a way to get away from this planet. But hey, while you're at it, you might as well try to get some money off your unplanned stay on Targ.
You're a mercenary, and it just so happens that the two races on the planet are at war. So why not use that to your advantage and do some favors for each race... against cash?
You play this game in a first-person perspective with vector graphics. There's a huge planet for you to explore, you can walk around on it or take airborne vehicles to reach elevated locations.
There are no Amstrad CPC user screenshots for this game.
There are 35 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Mercenary: Escape from Targ" -- In-game title
- "Mercenary: Die Flucht von Targ" -- German tag-lined title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Amstrad Action||May, 1987||85 out of 100||85|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesMercenary appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
- Commodore Format
- April 1991 (Issue 7) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- November 1994 (Issue 50) – #37 The All-Time Top 50 C64 Games
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Atari 8-bit) (for Atari 8-bit: database; downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- AtariMania (Atari ST) (for Atari ST: database; downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Commodore Plus/4 World (for Commodore 16, Plus/4: downloadable releases; online emulation of game; artwork; additional material)
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Downloadable links, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- The Mercenary Site (A site dedicated to the Mercenary series of games, and home of MDDClone; 'An on-going project that brings the Mercenary series of games to the PC. The latest version includes Mercenary 1: Escape From Targ, The Second City, Damocles, and Mercenary III: The Dion Crisis.')
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; remakes links; magazine references; magazine adverts)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.