DescriptionTiming smiled on Gremlin with this licensed Formula 1 simulation, as Nigel's long quest for a championship had finally come good. The game was pitched somewhere in between a full-blown simulation like F1 GP and action games like Continental Circus. Only 12 cars were in each race, which could last from between 3 and 20 laps.
Before each race you can customize wing downforce, gear ratio, tyre selection and fuel load choices – pitstops are a standard feature of the longer races. The 16-bit versions include a unique 'Improve With Mansell' mode, in which a digitized version of Nigel's head appears in the top corner of the screen, offering instructions and praise.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Nigel Mansell's World Championship Challenge" -- Working title
- "Nigel Mansell's World Championship" -- European title
- "Nigel Mansell F-1 Challenge" -- Japanese Super Famicom title
- "ナイジェル・マンセル Ｆ１チャレンジ" -- Japanese Super Famicom spelling
Part of the Following Groups
- Formula 1 licensees
- Formula 1 racing games
- Licensed Title: Athletes
- Nigel Mansell licensees
- Setting: African
- Setting: Australian / Oceanian
- Setting: City - Monaco
- Setting: Country - France
There are no reviews for the Amstrad CPC release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
Amstrad CPC versionGremlin was close to can the game's release, claiming that it wanted to concentrate on the 16-bit market. However, due to Amstrad Action's readers campaign, which swamped publisher's office with letters demanding the game's release, the title finally reached the shelves. It appeared for the CPC 6128 only, and was put on both sides of one 3-inch disk.
Related Web Sites
- IGCD Internet Game Cars Database (Game page on IGCD, a database that tries to archive vehicles found in video games.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.