DescriptionThe Shadows of Mordor is an officially licensed J.R.R. Tolkien "Lord of the Rings" text adventure game based on the second part of the trilogy - "The Two Towers".
You can select to play as either Frodo or Sam. The game follows the plot of the book closely and many locations have accompanying illustrations. Unusually for a text adventure game, the action happens in real time: if you sit there thinking of what to do next, things will happen in the game, e.g. creatures will move from location to location.
- "Shadows of Mordor: Game Two Of Lord Of The Rings" -- UK tag-lined title
- "Shadows of Mordor" -- UK title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Engine: Inglish
- Inspiration: Author - J. R. R. Tolkien
- Inspiration: Literature
- The Tolkien Software Adventure series
There are no reviews for this game.
|Computer Gamer||Jun, 1987||64 out of 100||64|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Cover artThe cover art to the C64 version of this game is by Tolkien illustrator Ted Nasmith; entitled Shelob, it was first used in Unwin Paperbacks' 1987 calendar for the month of November.
- Computer and Video Games
- May 1988 (Issue #79) - Golden Joystick 1988 Award: Third in category Adventure Game of the Year
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: game database entry; package material; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; downloadable releases; additional material)
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (statistics page of compatibility with original DOS version)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: game entry database; downloadable version; magazine reviews; cover art digitalizations; additional material)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (video game) (encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material (including – cassete inlay, advertisement, instructions); magazine references; magazine adverts)
With the co-operation of:
Plot of "The Lord of the Rings":