DescriptionAs GERALD (Gyroscopic ExploRAtion Landing Device) you must explore 385 screens of Hangworld, using limited fuel. The game is viewed isometrically, which means that the controls are rotated through 90 degrees - this, coupled with the fact that many screens have huge gaps and diagonal paths, means that it's hard to get far at first. Falling off ledges loses you time, which is very limited to start with
Gerald must collect energy crystals throughout his journey - which can also be shortened by using a complex system of lifts. Sections you have travelled through are automatically mapped.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||May, 1986||9 out of 10||90|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesSpindizzy appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Apple portThe game's designer Paul Shirley did not learn than an Apple port had been made until the 2000s, and he never received any royalties for it.
- Commodore Force
- December 1993 (Issue 13) – #65 “Readers' Top 100”
- Commodore Format
- June 1991 (Issue 9) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- July 1993 (Issue 34) - Modern Classics: Platformers (Check 'em out)
- November 1994 (Issue 50) – #49 The All-Time Top 50 C64 Games
- Computer Gamer
- February 1986 (issue #17) - Included in the list Spectrum Collection (the best Spectrum ZX games since 1985 by editorial staff choice)
- Happy Computer
- 1986 - Best Dexterity Game of the Year
- Issue 04/1987 - #7 Best Game in 1986 (Readers' Vote)
- Power Play
- 1987 - Best Atari XL Game '87
- January 1990 (Issue 57) – 'The Best Games of the 80's Decade' (Phil King)
Related Web Sites
- Game Map (A screenshot map of the game)