DescriptionDeus Vult is the expansion pack for Crusader Kings, a strategy game based on the EU engine and set in the Middle Ages.
Changes and additions for this expansion include:
- While the original game had no ledger, as opposed to all other EU games, the expansion features one, which also includes a much-wanted page to review all potential brides for your ruler.
- Characters can now gain friends and rivals in the course of their lives. Friends are more likely to help a character, while rivals will actively conspire against him/her. Waging war between rivals is also more likely, as claiming a rival's title costs less Prestige.
- Characters can also send sons and daughters to another court as fosterlings. While this means a parent will lose control of his/her education, it improves relations between both courts.
- Children, at birth, have now a value of 0 in all stats, and these develop as the child grows up. Links between parent stats and children stats are thus removed. This means also that the culture of the child will be taken from the home province of the parents, not from the parent's culture itself.
- Realm-wide, the expansion adds the concept of Relations between courts, similar to other EU games. Stability is the other addition, although it doesn't work like in EU2. Instead, it is modified through events and can influence other events as well.
- In the original game, Loyalty was an affair between vassal and liege. In Deus Vult, however, courtiers also feature loyalty to their ruler. Low loyalty courtiers are likely to move court or work against their ruler if they are in charge of a court position.
- Graphics have been reworked and added to make Deus Vult more visually appealing than the original game. Deus Vult has been given also minor overhauls to the interface, such as back buttons to some windows.
- When negotiating peace, is now possible to force the vassalization of the enemy or to pledge allegiance to the victor.
The event scripting engine has been also greatly expanded, being the most relevant feature the possibility to save a target character for use later in the event or in a following event. However, historical events or flag markers as in EU2 were not added.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Крестоносцы. Именем Господа!" -- Russian spelling
- "クルセイダーキングス デウス ウルト" -- Japanese spelling
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Windows||Dec 04, 2007||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.