Im Jahre 2019 stüzt ein gewaltiger Asteroid auf eine zu Nordkorea gehörende Inselkette. Die Regierung Nordkoreas sperrt sofort die gesamte Inselkette ab und beansprucht die Geheimnisse des mysteriösen Asteroiden für sich. Die Vereinigten Staaten reagieren mit der Aussendung eines Elite-Teams der Delta Force Operators, um die Lage einzuschätzen und ans Pentagon zu berichten. Inmitten der steigenden Spannung zwischen den USA und Nordkorea sprengt der Asteroid auf und enthüllt ein gewaltiges, 2 km hohes außerirdisches Raumschiff. Das Schiff setzt eine gewaltige Energiekuppel frei, die einen Großteil der Insel einfrieren lässt und dramatische Auswirkungen auf das globale Klima hat. Die Invasion der Erde hat begonnen. Die beiden rivalisierten Nationen schließen sich zusammen, um die Aliens zu stoppen und die Menschheit zu retten. Die neu gebildete Allianz schlägt epische Schlachten gegen die aggressiven Aliens. Während die Hoffnung rasant schwindet, führst du eine Elitetruppe durch üppigen Dschungel, gefrorene Landschaften und schließlich in das Herz des Alien-Schiffes, wo die ultimative Schlacht mit den Aliens in Schwerelosigkeit stattfindet. Bei Deinem Kampf gegen die Aliens bist Du mit individuell anpassbaren Waffen und einem Hightech-Nanosuit ausgerüstet. Dadurch hast Du die Chance, deine Taktiken und Fähigkeiten an die feindliche und sich ständig verändernde Umwelt und Deinen mysteriösen Feind anzupassen.
Contributed by jaXen (19491) on Mar 04, 2012.
-- STORYLINE --
A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. All contact with the team is lost when the North Korean Government quickly seals off the area.
The US responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation. As tension rises between the two nations, a massive alien ship reveals itself in the middle of the island. The ship generates an immense force sphere that freezes a vast portion of the island and drastically alters the global weather system.
Now the US and North Korea must join forces to battle the alien menace. With hope rapidly fading, you must fight epic battles through tropical jungle, frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G showdown
-- FEATURES --
Epic Battles, Ultimate Showdown
The Future is in your Hands
From the makers of Far Cry, Crysis offers FPS fans the best-looking, most highly-evolving gameplay, requiring the player to use adaptive tactics and total customization of weapons and armor to survive in dynamic, hostile environments including Zero-G.
Earth, 2019. A team of US scientists makes a frightening discovery on an island in the South China Sea. All contact with the team is lost when the North Korean Government quickly seals off the area. The United States responds by dispatching an elite team of Delta Force Operators to recon the situation. As tension rises between the two nations, a massive alien ship reveals itself in the middle of the island. The ship generates an immense force sphere that freezes a vast portion of the island and drastically alters the global weather system. Now the US and North Korea must join forces to battle the alien menace. With hope rapidly fading, you must fight epic battles through tropical jungle, frozen landscapes, and finally into the heart of the alien ship itself for the ultimate Zero G showdown. FEATURES
* A unique three-act structure forces the player to use real-time armor and weapons customization to adapt constantly to an ever-changing world.
* Encounter a frightening and totally original alien species?they use their senses intelligently and work together to present the most challenging enemy yet in an FPS.
* Control of a variety of land, sea, and air vehicles including trucks, tanks, boats, and helicopters.
* Explore a living, dynamic world where earthquakes, breaking ice, landslides, and tornados pose an ever-present threat.
* 32-player multiplayer with real-time armor and weapons customization, plus an all-new multiplayer mode that combines player modification and tactical objectives.
* Emergent gameplay means that in-game actions affect future outcomes and give each player a unique experience.
* Highly robust and easy-to-use mod toolset allows players to create their own expansive levels for both multiplayer and single-player modes.
* The CryENGINE 2 engine delivers the most realistic environments, spectacular special effects, physics game engine, lighting system, and enemy Al.
-- CRYENGINE2 --
Real time editing, bump mapping, dynamic lights, network system, integrated physics system, shaders, shadows and a dynamic music system are just some of the state of-the-art features the CryENGINE™ 2 offers. The CryENGINE™ 2 comes complete with all of its internal tools and also includes the CryENGINE™ 2 Sandbox world editing system. Licensees receive full source code and documentation for the engine and tools. Support is provided directly from the R & D Team that continuously develops the engine and can arrange teaching workshops for your team to increase the learning process. Polybump™ 2 Polybump™ 2 can be used as either as a standalone utility, or fully integrated with other tools such as 3DS Max™. This tool creates a high quality surface description that allows quick extraction of surface features like normal maps (tangent-space or object-space), displacement maps, unoccluded area direction, accessibility and other properties. The extracted information can be used to render Low poly models with surface detail almost making them look like the high-poly models but it will render much faster. The data is stored in a intermediate file format so it can be exported in different ways without doing the computation again. Very high polygon counts (e.g. 10 million triangles) are processed quite quickly. The engine supports all video and hardware currently on the market. New hardware support is constantly added as it becomes available. Next Generation Real-Time Renderer
Our renderer provides seamless support for both indoor and outdoor environments on DirectX9 and 10, as well as support for next generation consoles such as the Xbox360 and PS3 (under development).
* Real Time Lighting and Dynamic Soft Shadows: CryENGINE™ 2 features natural looking light sources, and creates soft shadows that dynamically respond to natural movements. It includes high-resolution, perspective correct and volumetric smooth-shadow implementations.
* Volumetric, Layer and View Distance Fogging: Create clouds or fog banks which can hug the ground and realistically reduce both visibility and contrast, and properly interact with both dynamic lights and shadows, add depth and dimension to a landscape by reducing scene contrast and clarity for distant landmarks
* Terrain 2.5D Ambient Occlusion Maps: On a per pixel level, approximates the amount of ambient (fill) light reaching an object (static or dynamic) depending on the amount of ambient occlusion created by the surrounding foliage and structures.
* Normal Maps and Parallax Occlusion Maps: Normal maps are used to project the contour details of a highly detailed object onto a low polygon model by using a high frequency compressed (3DC/BC5) texture in place of the polygon?s surface normal in lighting calculations. CryEngine2 also supports parallax occlusion mapping to give a greater sense of depth to a surface texture applied to a polygon, such as could be used to realistically emphasize the relief surface structure of a brick wall, for example.
* Real Time Ambient Maps: Pre-calculate the amount of ambient (fill) light which will be applied to indoor surfaces, to improve the quality of lighting when applying real-time per-pixel lighting and shadows. This means the current light position and color can be dynamically added to the fill light intensity applied to illuminate surfaces in interior spaces.
* Subsurface Scattering: Simulates the diffusion and diffraction of light transmitted through translucent objects, like ice and jade; it can also be used to create natural looking skin or vegetation.
* Eye Adaptation & High Dynamic Range (HDR) Lighting: Eye Adaptation is used to simulate the human eye?s adaptation to sudden or extreme changes in lighting conditions, like dark indoor environments suddenly transitioning to bright sunny outdoor environments, while HDR allows scenes with extreme brightness and contrast ranges to be more realistically rendered.
* Motion Blur & Depth of Field: Motion Blur is used to simulate the visual effect of using a slow shutter speed when tracking fast moving objects or making quick camera movements. Blur can be applied both to individual objects (object based motion blur), and/or to an entire scene (screen based motion blur), while Depth of Field can be used to focus the viewer?s eye on a nearby object while subtly blurring objects in front or behind the point of focus.
* Light Beams & Shafts: These are used to create visually stunning light beams and shadows when light intersects with solid or highly detailed geometry, and can generate ?godray? effects under water. * High Quality 3D Ocean Technology: Dynamically modifies the ocean surface based on wind and wave direction, generating shoreline soft-clipping breakers automatically where the ocean meets the shore, depending on the shoreline contour and ocean depth, while our caustic simulation creates realistic looking moving shadows and highlights in underwater environments.
* Advanced Shader Technology: A script system used to combine textures and math in different ways to create unique effects such as cloaked, wet, muddy, and/or frozen surfaces which can be layered together and combined with more basic shaders such as metallic and glassy and other visual effects. Supports real time per-pixel lighting, bumpy reflections, refractions, volumetric glow effects, animated textures, transparent computer displays, windows, bullet holes, and shinny surfaces. Included are many unique new shaders which take advantage of the efficiencies of the unified shader architecture of DirectX 10. * Terrain LOD Management Feature: This feature allows optimal usage of CPU and memory to display closer objects and terrain at a fine level of detail while enabling long view distances of over 8 kilometers.
Sound and Music
The sound system in CryEngine2 introduces many new features and improvements with its data-driven concept. Each sound carries its own specification with it, so sound designers are in full control of the final quality of the sound, and sounds are used consistently throughout the game.
* In Game Mixing: Integrated editor functionality and advanced sound specification tools provide efficient mixing by connecting to a running game instance on various target platforms. This constantly guarantees a well mixed game in every development stage by allowing review of the results in either the game itself, or in other editor modes, such as sounds triggered by animations from within the character editor, for example.
* Data-driven Sound System: Complex sounds can be easily created and delivered with studio quality while supporting any available surround sound speaker configuration. Multi-platform compatibility is guaranteed by FMOD?s included sound library.
* Interactive Dynamic Music System: Improved playback of music tracks by specially defined logic that reacts to any desired game event in order to give the player a movie-like sound track experience.
* Environmental Audio: This feature allows a sound designer to achieve a dense sound impression by accurately reproducing sounds from nature, with seamless blending between different environments, for example the effect of moving from an interior to an exterior location.
* Dynamic World Sounds: Any physical contact can spawn a unique sound controlled by various parameters such as material type, object type, mass, and speed. This technique provides non-repetitive and responsive audio feedback to movement in an interactive game world.
Advanced AI System
CryENGINE™ 2 has a flexible and easily customizable AI system which handles both character and vehicle behaviors, it fully supports the complex requirements of the character locomotion system to animate bipedal characters in a believable fashion, and is fully integrated into the CryENGINE Sandbox2 editor.
* LUA Script Driven AI System: Allows complex AI behaviors to be created without requiring new C++ code, including extending state machine behaviors from LUA scripts
* Dynamic Path Finding: Advanced 2D and 3D algorithms allow the AI navigation paths to be modified in real time in response to events which create new or destroy existing paths, a critical feature for creating believable AI in a highly interactive and destructible environment.
* Smart Objects: Provides an easy way for level designers to connect specialized animations to particular objects in the level, so that the character animations and objects are properly aligned at the start and end of the animations, and the correct animation sequence plays.
Assets are compiled from their original formats to an optimized platform dependent one by the resource compiler at project build time. This allows making global changes (e.g. mipmap computation, mesh stripification) to the output data depending on presets and target platforms without affecting the final level loading times, or requiring developers to keep multiple versions of assets on hand for different platforms. Modular C++ Design
Entirely written in modular C++, fully documented and commented, and divided into logical separate DLL?s, you can use what you need as-is, and modify or replace only the components in our engine that you particularly require to customize for your individual project requirements. Multithreading Support
To get the most out of modern multicore processor architectures, CPU intensive subsystems of CryENGINE™ 2 such as physics, networking and sound, have been re-written to support multi-threading. Performance Analysis
Powerful instrumentation features allows the developer to analyze engine performance in real time, create detailed memory usage reports, and run automated walk-throughs of each level to get consistent test results from build to build. Offline Rendering
Creating streaming videos or still images from within the game is made easier by the inclusion of specific console commands which can output a scene at any arbitrary screen resolution and/or aspect ratio, including generating autostitched panoramic views for use on 360 degree projection video displays. Streaming System
Assets can be loaded on demand at run time to allow for larger levels and increased complexity, while reducing the amount of available system RAM required. Network Client and Server System
CryENGINE™ 2 has a totally new, multi-threaded networking system which manages all connections for multiplayer mode. It features a highly reliable low-latency, low bandwidth system based on client/server architecture using advanced range encoding based compression algorithms.
Contributed by SGruber (3837) on Feb 07, 2008.