Forums > Game Forums > Crystal Caves > Three games conflated into one entry!

Havoc Crow (29831) on 6/18/2009 12:15 PM · Permalink · Report

The three episodes of Crystal Caves seem to be conflated into this one entry. (They are three separate games actually, but this entry treats them as one game.) Note that the screenshots come from three different episodes.

This also seems to be the case with Secret Agent.

Just wanted to let you know that I'll try to separate these conjoined triplets soon.

A small question - is it possible to move screenshots from one game entry to another?

Sciere (930479) on 6/18/2009 12:40 PM · Permalink · Report

That's possible, when the new game entries have been approved. Just let me know.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 6/18/2009 4:41 PM · Permalink · Report

There hasn't been consensus as to how to treat three "episodes" of one shareware "game", often treating episode 1 as the "demo" and episodes 2 and 3 as the "full game".

It would be nice to get every episode of every game up here as separate entries, but I think having umbrella entries for the series is a good intermediary step until such a time 8)

Havoc Crow (29831) on 6/18/2009 4:52 PM · Permalink · Report

They are three completely separate applications, they can (or at least could) be bought separately from each other, I say, they are three different games.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 6/18/2009 5:18 PM · Permalink · Report

I'm not vouching one way or the other, I'm just explaining a rationale why such an approach has often been used here. I would be thrilled to see you add entries for every episode of every shareware trilogy.

Havoc Crow (29831) on 6/18/2009 5:32 PM · Permalink · Report

I've sent them for approval already, so prepare to be thrilled.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 6/18/2009 5:35 PM · Permalink · Report

Woo hoo!

Foxhack (32100) on 6/18/2009 11:17 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start JudgeDeadd wrote--]They are three completely separate applications, they can (or at least could) be bought separately from each other, I say, they are three different games. [/Q --end JudgeDeadd wrote--]Can we see some proof of this? An order form or something?

I've seen order forms for shareware games that had a one episode demo, and a three or four episode full game. We should not add each episode as a single game, because you either have the shareware or the full version. Not an inbetween point. Or something.

Havoc Crow (29831) on 6/19/2009 5:40 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

--Okay, it seems I was wrong when claiming that the episodes can be bought separately (I swear I'd seen a help screen or an order form which said that, but now I can't find it.)-- However. They are three completely separate applications, as you can see.

EDIT: I seem to have found proof that they were available separately: http://cd.textfiles.com/pcsiggames/2882/FILE2882.TXT - at least PC-SIG sold them like that. :)

Foxhack (32100) on 6/19/2009 2:58 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start JudgeDeadd wrote--]--Okay, it seems I was wrong when claiming that the episodes can be bought separately (I swear I'd seen a help screen or an order form which said that, but now I can't find it.)-- However. They are three completely separate applications, as you can see.

EDIT: I seem to have found proof that they were available separately: http://cd.textfiles.com/pcsiggames/2882/FILE2882.TXT - at least PC-SIG sold them like that. :) [/Q --end JudgeDeadd wrote--]The fact that they're in separate folders or that they're separate applications doesn't matter. If they were bundled then they count as one entry. Several "single" games that are part of this compilation are actually portions of complete registered games (in other words, I got ripped off.) I added the game info from each game to their relevant, registered version entry when I could.

PC-SIG was sneaky, though. Very sneaky. Since they released each game alone then they count as a single entries.