Dark Sector thrusts players into the role of Hayden Tenno, a covert operative sent on a dangerous mission into Lasria, an Eastern European city on the brink of ruin that hides a deadly Cold War secret. Attacked by an unknown enemy and infected by the Technocyte Virus, a brutal bio-weapon that twists its victims into mindless killing machines, he must evolve with his power and become a hero.
- All-new, all-original third-person action-shooter: Dark Sector introduces an exciting new world and characters to gamers. Throughout the course of the game, players will witness Hayden’s transformation into something more than he was as he fights against the Technocyte Virus taking over his body and the effects it has on his psyche.
- The power of evolution: After infection by the Technocyte, Hayden gains incredible superhuman powers, including the deadly, bladed glaive that he can grow from his arm and use and throw with deadly accuracy. Hayden will grow with these powers as they evolve and become more powerful throughout the game.
- Cinematic and immersive experience: Intuitive controls and a third-person over the shoulder viewpoint keeps the player immersed in the game at all times.
- No HUD: Dark Sector removes traditional on-screen elements such as health bars and ammo meters, instead using the character himself as the HUD. As the character takes damage, he will begin to physically show it, ammunition levels will be displayed on guns, available weapons and inventory will be displayed on the character—all serving to keep the player focused on the character and the gameplay.
- Innovative multiplayer component: The game features innovative and exciting multiplayer gameplay that will allow players to utilize the skills they have learned in the single-player game to excel in a competitive environment.
Contributed by havoc of smeg (11975) on Sep 09, 2010.