The 2D animation for Aladdin and the other characters of the game were done by actual Disney animators and artists who worked on the film.
The PC version Disney's Aladdin
has digital music throughout the game, using .AMF files, a digital module format similar to .MODs. (AMF is the format used by Otto Chrons
' Digital Sound and Music Interface, or DSMI. Another game that uses DSMI for sound,is Archon Ultra
The game's music was composed in Notator for the Atari ST as a MIDI file, then converted to the NES.
- In the level where Aladdin has to escape from the Palace Dungeon, eagle-eyed viewers may spot a familiar set of mouse ears located on one of the skulls in the background.
- In the Desert level for the Genesis (probably other versions as well), there's a clothes line with just some clothes and a Mickey Mouse hat!
- In the background in the "Inside the Lamp" level, a Sega Genesis can be seen in the background.
- On the Genesis, in the level "Escape from the Sultan's Palace", Sebastian from Disney's Ariel the Little Mermaid is hanging in chains.
- In the second level of the Mega Drive/Genesis version, the snakes closely resemble Sir Hiss (Prince John's henchman) from Disney's 1973 feature film, Robin Hood.
Information also contributed by
Big John WV,
Nick K. and
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1996 – Best Dexterity Game in 1995 (Readers' Vote)
- Issue #4 - #13 in the "Top 100 Video Games of All-Time" list
- 1993 (Vol. #6, Issue #2) - Genesis Game of the Year
- Power Play
- Issue 02/1994 – Best Genesis Game in 1993
- Issue 02/1994 – Most Cuddly Sprite in 1993 (for Aladdin)