Ghosts 'N Goblins Trivia (DoJa)
missing cover art
Red ArremerThe famous Red Arremer mini-boss was actually based on Capcom programmer Toshio Arima.
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of Ghosts 'n Goblins appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Atari ST MIDI musicThe Atari ST version has a special trick. The developers programmed the MIDI interface to play the game music. If you hook a MIDI synthesizer to the ST, the game music will play over your MIDI device.
Commodore 16 versionThe C16 port is even shorter than the C64 version, as it features only the two first levels, with simplified gameplay (one weapon, less enemy types). There's no music and no title screen picture.
SalesAccording to publisher Capcom, Ghosts 'N Goblins has sold 1.64 million copies worldwide since its initial release (as of June 30, 2016).
Spectrum versionThe Spectrum version does not load on Spanish +2A or +3 models, as their ROM mapping is slightly different from the UK models. An unofficial patch is available however.
- Commodore Force
- December 1993 (Issue 13) – #68 “Readers' Top 100”
- Commodore Format
- March 1991 (Issue 6) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- Happy Computer
- 1986 - Runner-up as Action Game of the Year
- Issue 04/1987 - #5 Best Game in 1986 (Readers' Vote)
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #39 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
- January 1990 (Issue 57) – 'The Best Games of the 80's Decade' (Phil King)