missing cover art
DescriptionMega Man X is a robot designed by Dr. Light to choose his own path in life. Years after he is created, Dr. Cain finds X and mimics his design to create a race of such robots called reploids. When the sigma virus infects these reploids, causing them to commit acts of evil, it is up to Mega Man X and his partner Zero (who is quite powerful, contrary to what his name implies) to stop it.
There are no DoJa user screenshots for this game.
There are 70 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
- "洛克人X" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "ロックマンX" -- Japanese spelling
- "Rockman X" -- Japanese title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Center CX challenge games
- Games made into comics
- Mega Man / Rockman games
- Mega Man / Rockman X series
- Protagonist: Robot
There are no reviews for the DoJa release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentApparently, the character Zero was meant to be Mega Man X and replace Mega Man as the protagonist. However, Keiji Inafune was concerned that players would find it hard to relate to a protagonist who was so different from the original Mega Man that X was created as a separate character and Zero was made his sidekick. Nine years later, Zero finally received his own series.
EndingAfter beating the game, when the game freezes on the "Thanks for Playing" screen, wait about a minute or so, and the face of Sigma will pop up and he will say you some subliminal message claiming you didn't actually beat him, and that you should meet again soon.
ExtrasThe game came packaged with a free Capcom Pad, a 6-button Gamepad made by Capcom to use with this game, as well as other games.
ReferencesThe snake robots in Launch Octopus' stage are called Utuboros, which are obviously a reference to Oroborus, an ancient symbol depicting a serpent or dragon swallowing its own tail and forming a circle, symbolizing the ideas of cyclicality and primordial unity.
SalesAccording to publisher Capcom, Mega Man X has sold 1.16 million copies worldwide since its initial release (as of June 30, 2016).
- In the original console version Ryu's (from the street fighter series) hadoken was included as a secret weapon which once found had to be triggered by the familiar down-forward-fire movement in order to fire. For the PC version, they scraped the "secret" part of it, and gave it to you from the get-go, just hold down the fire button and let go (as seen in the screenshots section), however its nowhere near as powerful as originally intended.
- The original Super Nintendo version uses passwords, the PC version has a save system.
- Electronic Gaming Monthly
- January 1994 (issue 54) - Game of the Month
Related Web Sites
- Mega Man Central (Information on all Mega Man games, including little known titles such as the PC series and Japan only games.)
- OC ReMix Game Profile (Fan remixes of music from Mega Man X.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.