DescriptionRevenge of Doh is a direct sequel to the original arcade smash Arkanoid. Along with improved graphic engine, better sound and music, better hardware support and more levels, Revenge of Doh also features a built-in editor and allows you to create your own level sets!
Revenge of Doh continues Arkanoid's plot as follows, directly taken (including typoes) from the game:
A long time period passed and the dimension controlling force Doh has again come back to life. Occupying the huge starship Xorg, it has entered our universe from a different dimension. Mixtec, Arkanoid type spaceship, has lauched the craft Vaus II to make a preemptive attack on Xorg.
- "アルカノイドII" -- Japanese Kanji title
- "Arkanoid II: The Revenge of Doh" -- Alternate title
- "Arkanoid 2: Revenge of DOH" -- Arcade manual title
Part of the Following Groups
|Ah, a sequel. Exactly what the doctor ordered.||Tomer Gabel (4354)|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Jul, 1990||8.8 out of 12||73|
There are currently no topics for this game.
In-game advertisementOn the Amiga version (and quite possibly the ST as well, as the code for both is near-identical), holding down the right mouse button during loading causes an advertisement for RoboCop to appear.
Title themeWhen starting a new game, the opening sequence can play one of two musical themes depending on the sound hardware being used. In Adlib mode, the theme is the same as the arcade version of Arkanoid II: Revenge of Doh. In PC speaker or Tandy/PCjr mode, the theme is the same as the one from the original Arkanoid.
Version differencesDuring gameplay, the EGA version appears to have no compensation for computer speed and runs blindingly fast on modern machines, however the CGA version runs at normal speed on a modern computer (except for the opening, which is over before you can see anything.) Unfortunately the CGA version is quite difficult to play due to the limited color palette.
- Amiga Power
- May 1991 (Issue #00) - #48 in the "All Time Top 100 Amiga Games"
Related Web Sites
- Arkanoid: Revenge of Doh entry on KLOV (The Arkanoid: Revenge of Doh entry on the Killer List of Videogames.)
- S&F Prod.'s Arkanoid II: Revenge of Doh Page (With these new levels that are on this page you can easily beat the game and you will have a great score. )