Spotlight: Get up to 90% off at GOG's big fall sale on over 700 DRM-free games!

The Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate (DOS)

3.3
Written by  :  XplOrOrOr (16)
Written on  :  Mar 11, 2004

read more reviews by XplOrOrOr

Summary

Not the best of the Bard's Tale series - made more for Die-Hard Bard's Tale fans.

The Good

I enjoyed the new additions: Now allowing Female characters to be created, no major difference from Male characters - just change of looks. TONS of new spells, and oh boy, even more new puzzles... easy ones and excruciatingly hard ones! Still NICE the feature allowing importing of characters made in Bard's Tale I, and Bard's Tale II, still further adding to the immersion.

This is a HARD game to complete. It is a successful sequel though.

The Bad

Some parts, some puzzles, seemed tooo dang hard LOL! I also kinda' disliked having to re-visit Skara Brae, after spending soo much time in Skara Brae in the first Bard's Tale. IMHO Bard's Tale III is not better than Bard's Tale II. And either as good as Bard's Tale I, or slightly worse. It IS still a nice, successful, game. Still a hit game.

The Bottom Line

Really made for die-hard Bard's Tale fans. I really wish it did not return back to Skara Brae. It could have made a new different mega-city that's in ruins. Or take place at a different part of the planet. Oh well... still a fun game, but more fun for die-hard Bard's Tale fans. It didn't do any new ground shaking features. First play either Bard's Tale I, or II, (doesn't matter which order, or if you play just one of them) before deciding to play Bard's Tale III.