Beneath a Steel Sky (DOS)

Written by  :  Matthew Bailey (1143)
Written on  :  Mar 26, 2000
Rating  :  4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars

read more reviews by Matthew Bailey

Summary

Blade Runner meets batteries included in my personal favourtie Graphic adventure.

The Good

The whole game had a very distinct feel and look that was a breath of fresh air from the many Lucas Arts cartoony ones that were on the shelf at the time. Also it is probably the only graphic adventure I have played where you can actually get killed. The little Robot Joey was adorable and it even has a swear word in it which was BIG news at the time. There really is not much I cannot recommend about this underestimated title.

The Bad

The only thing I did not like was sometimes you had to talk to someone to go to the next part of the game like a lift repair being finished so you can access the lift but these conversations often had nothing to do with the actual task at hand.

The Bottom Line

Blade Runner meets batteries included in a Sci-Fi adventure that will blow your mind. You are Foster and with you side kick Joey you must uncover the truth of what has happened to you and the city.