DescriptionBloodNet is an adventure game with RPG elements.
You play as Ransom Stark, a computer hacker, scrounger or mercenary (depending on how the player answers the opening questions when they start a new game) who finds himself caught up in a sinister affair involving an evil global megacorporation, TransTechnicals, Manhattan, a fight for Cyberspace and vampires!
Ransom Stark became stricken with Hopkins-Brie Ontology Syndrome whilst working at TransTechnicals, due to his forced extended exposure to Cyberspace while he worked there. As soon as he was diagnosed he was dismissed from TransTech and found himself homeless and hopeless. Thankfully an ingenious woman, with a personal vendetta against TransTech, named Deirdre Tackett saved his life by inserting a prototype brain implant of her own design and this restoring his grip on reality.
Over the following year Ransom became known as a reliable freelance until one day he got a job worth much more than he bargained for! His employers turned out to be vampires and as part of his 'payment', Ransom was turned into a follower of the evil head-vampire, Abraham Van Helsing -- except his brain implant kicked in allowing him to keep temporary control of his humanity.
Now Ransom must put a stop to Van Helsing's plans to take over Manhattan and control Cyberspace and hopefully save himself from being a vampire before its too late!
- "BloodNet: The Cyberpunk Vampire Game" -- UK tag-lined title
- "Bloodnet: A Cyberpunk Gothic" -- US release title
Part of the Following Groups
- Game Feature: Simulated Internet
- Setting: City - New York
- Theme: Hacking / Pseudohacking
- Theme: Vampires
|Top Secret||Apr, 1994||10 out of 10||100|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Jan, 1994||10 out of 12||83|
|Génération 4||Nov, 1994||82 out of 100||82|
|PC Games (Germany)||Dec, 1993||75 out of 100||75|
|PC Zone||Jun, 1994||75 out of 100||75|
|PC Joker||Dec, 1993||75 out of 100||75|
|Power Play||Jan, 1994||71 out of 100||71|
|MikroBitti||Dec, 1994||70 out of 100||70|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jan, 1994||43 out of 100||43|
|High Score||Dec, 1994||2 out of 5||40|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Rare old Bloodnet demo||5||Donatello (385)
Sep 15, 2007
ReferencesCheck out the foreground at Transtech's nanomachines lab, and you'll see a box of Microprose's F-117A Nighthawk Stealth Fighter 2.0.
- In the Well NOUN you will find a puzzle to break
- At "The Cloisters", bite one of the people in the north room to find a Hammer on his corpse. This item cannot be found anywhere else in the game.
- Note the ":)" on DEATH's clothes when you die
- The Well NYVAULT is a bank, if you can find a way to take money from it, enjoy.
- Find the Elvis Virus on the cyberspace, and make a body for him, than you'll have "the King" on your crew, and he is strong!
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 02/1996 – #3 Best RPG in 1995 (Readers' Vote)
Related Web Sites
- Bloondet Intro (Bloodnet Introduction and Screenshots.)
- Crapshoot (A humorous review on PC Gamer)
- The Complete Unofficial Players Guide (Quite likely the largest and most complete site about BloodNet. Contains game related info, tips and hints for playing, descriptions of items, a walkthrough and a whole lot of other related stuff.)