Brett Hull Hockey 95 (DOS)

Sport
Misc
3.1
Written by  :  The Ring Hawk (654)
Written on  :  Aug 24, 2001
Rating  :  2.33 Stars2.33 Stars2.33 Stars2.33 Stars2.33 Stars

read more reviews by The Ring Hawk

Summary

Good ideas gone bad..

The Good

I remember getting this game as a birthday present when it came out. I was pumped at the time. This looked to be one of the better hockey games on PC and it's only competition came from EA Sports NHL 95at the time. The music and intros looked pretty good for the time. The game boasted motion captured players, a first for it's time. Also included was infamous commentary from Al Michaels (Didn't he do commentary for all the Accolade games at the time?).

The Bad

All the bells and whistles are there but the gameplay really was bad. The players moved so artificially and the camera view was really bad. The AI in this game was really horrible and the commentary got annoying after a while. Only the goalies and Brett got their names called, in a effort to make the game smaller I presume. The puck would do some crazy things to and the play seemed really out of sync.

The Bottom Line

Compared to the graphics, gameplay and customization of hockey games now, I am sure you will pass on this one. The only reason you would get this is if your a collector or your computer can only handle this game..Your way better off with the EA Sports NHL hockey games.