New MobyGoal! We're aiming for 1,500 well documented Arcade games.

Chex Quest (DOS)

3.5
Written by  :  Dason Rise (20)
Written on  :  Jul 21, 2003
Rating  :  4.17 Stars4.17 Stars4.17 Stars4.17 Stars4.17 Stars

read more reviews by Dason Rise

Summary

Mom! There's a game in my cereal box!

The Good

I remember getting this game out of a cereal box in 2nd grade. It was the coolest game ever. The graphics are pretty good compared to some of the games of it's time and the gameplay is fun. There is a good variety of weapons (zorch stuff) and it is interesting to see what which one does. The music is spiffy (in a good way), and basically it was awesome. Even today, it's still fun to play when you get tired of Halo or Bond games.

The Bad

Well...mostly, it was the corny story. According to a mom it would be considered "cute" so that's definitely out of the question. The whole "Zorch" thing was kinda stupid, but I guess it didn't bother me that much. Another problem was the length of the game. It was five easy levels (the last one's kinda tricky though) and you get sick of beating the same ones over and over after a while.

The Bottom Line

If you don't mind the corny story and the "Zorch" theme, this game is kinda neat and really fun. I remember going to my mom's computer lab in school after class and I would race one of my friends to see who could beat it first...