Code-Name: Iceman (DOS)

3.2
Written by  :  William Shawn McDonie (1152)
Written on  :  Dec 29, 2000
read more reviews by William Shawn McDonie

Summary

Great promise, good begining, and terrible everything else

The Good

Well as the summary hints at this game started out great. When this game came out my brother was a 30 year old Army officer (and gamer) that had this new exciting game. However he could never beat it. So I the younger brother (15) gave it a shot. I loved the opening and though that the sound was good. I liked the grapics and the gameplay. But the best part of this game had to be the plot. It had so much potiental I could hardly wait to find out what happend next.

The Bad

.... And then I got to the sub part of the game. On the way to the sub I had a hard time and resorted to my usual tatic when I cant figure out something... I cheated. I bought the hint book and after much effort got in the sub. But once in the sub not even the hint book could save me. I very very rarely not finish a game. For me it is more important to finish than to stay true to the gaming experience. But in this game I could never ever get that sub working. To this day this game sits on my hard drive. (Now 3 computers later) I dont remember all the problems it had but I do remember the game getting worse and worse as it went on.

The Bottom Line

First of all no offence to the first reviewer but I wonder if they have the right game. I can not immagine it only took 2 hours to beat this game. I cant say that I would recommend this game but for the die-hards and can-do gamers here is a good challenge.