DescriptionComanche: Maximum Overkill is the first helicopter simulator to showcase NovaLogic's Voxel engine, which renders organic and lifelike terrain and realistic looking objects that no other game using polygons could match. It features the Army's experimental RAH-66 Comanche light attack helicopter (LHX).
The game features a simple flight model and allows the player's helicopter to take much more damage than it could in reality. Additionally, weapons on the Comanche feature deadly accuracy and power.
There are over 20 scripted campaign missions, similar to all other NovaLogic simulations.
- "超級卡曼契" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "Comanche: Operation White Lightning" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Voxel Space
- Aircraft: RAH-66 Comanche
- Comanche series
- Visual technique / style: Voxel graphics
|Beautiful Graphics, Horrible Simulator||SiliconClassics (843)|
|The only flight simulator I could ever play...||Simon Haller (17)||unrated|
The Press Says
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Dec, 1992||12 out of 12||100|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jan, 1993||92 out of 100||92|
|Game Players||Mar, 1993||90|
|PC Player (Germany)||Apr, 1994||86 out of 100||86|
|The DOS Spirit||Dec 16, 2008||5 out of 6||83|
|Top Secret||Jan, 1993||4 out of 5||80|
|Power Play||Dec, 1992||64 out of 100||64|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Issue #4 - #18 in the "Top 100 Video Games of All-Time" list
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #39 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking