Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure: Forbidden Planet (DOS)

Written by  :  Jim Fun (222)
Written on  :  Nov 05, 2001

read more reviews by Jim Fun

Summary

The cutest, funniest and weirdest game on planet earth.

The Good

What can I say? The sound is impossible for 1992, the EGA graphics are amazing (probably because not many EGA games came out after 1992), the gameplay couldn't be better, there are extremely few controls, some even hardly used.

The Bad

Like most people the small variety of monsters, no, the extremely small variety of monsters. Every level you're like um... are there any more opponents to jump on! There's that red monster (the most common), the blue ball with the parachute, and the rest hardly appear.

The Bottom Line

This cute action-adventure is well-worth playing, I shouldn't be surprised because the creator of this game did make the award-winning Duke Nukem that held onto it's "best shareware" award for 2 straight years, and the wonderful Duke Nukem 2 that also won 3 or 4 awards (well it wasn't as good as the original). I am a huge Apogee fan, and this game just made me a bigger fan, a well deserved 5/5 for this game.