New MobyGoal! We're aiming for 1,500 well documented Arcade games.

DragonStrike (DOS)

Written by  :  Gothicgene (83)
Written on  :  Jul 18, 2001
Rating  :  4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars4.33 Stars
read more reviews by Gothicgene

Summary

this game combines RPG and Flight Simulator elements better than any other (with the possible exception of Wing Commander)

The Good

You get to fly a Dragon. How can you beat that?

Oh, the storyline is the War of the Lance. Every DragonLance friend should feel right at home. The graphics were very good for the time being (for the most part). Controls were easy, and you could redefine them. The storyline was variable, and depending on some in-game choices would change. Also, there is a mission editor so the game has a lot of replayability. There are also a lot of neat easter eggs: if you land on a grassy area, the dragon would start munching cows as it waits to take off again!

Plus, I nearly peed my pants when I first saw that awesome skeletal death dragon.

The Bad

Sometimes the graphics would become blurry, especially when you were flying too close into a mountain it became hard to see where what was. Very excusable though as this was one of the first games to use early vector graphics.

The Bottom Line

Well worth a look, although I haven't played this game in ages (I need another copy, damnit!) and don't know if it has problems on newer machines.