Atomic EditionOnce this add-on pack is installed onto your original full version of Duke Nukem 3D, the game becomes Duke Nukem 3D (Atomic Edition) which can also be purchased as an all-in-one package.
German indexOn June 28, 1997, Duke Nukem 3D: Plutonium Pak was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. For more information about what this means check the game group
- In the first level of the fourth episode, when entering the "Briefing Room", the player can find a "Steed" umbrella and hat hanging on a wall. This is a reference to the character John Steed from an old British show The Avengers.
- In the beginning of Episode 4 Level 5, the player will come up to a board with wanted posters. These are actual pictures of the developers of the game.
- The fourth level of the fourth episode, Babe Land, is entirely based off of Disneyland.
- In the level "It's Impossible", at one point you will pass a large sequence of doors that will open as you walk through them ending with a telephone booth at the end of the hallway. This is a reference to the opening title sequence of the 60's spy comedy Get Smart.
- Near the end of Episode 4 Level 1 you will find a telephone with U.N.C.L.E. written on it. This is a reference to the 60's spy show The Man from U.N.C.L.E..
- In the level Duke Burger once you reach a sign with Duke's head and use the "Order here" part of the sign, a recording will start to play, saying "Go away, we're closed.". This is a reference to the show Beavis & Butthead.
- In Episode 4, Level 5, at one point in the beginning the player will get into a small office area where he will find a policeman's desk, specifically H. Callahan's. This is a reference to Dirty Harry.
- In Episode 4 Level 5, after finding the yellow key, the player can end up in another area with a policeman's desk. That one contains the desk of J. McClain. After revealing it, Duke will prompt a line borrowed from the original Die Hard movie.
- In the same room with the Die Hard reference, a picture parody of the Unabomber can be found.
- In Episode 4, Level 5, in the room with the entrance to the secret level, the player can find a gag to Judge Dredd.
- The UFO in the secret level of Episode 4 looks similar to the alien ships from The Independence Day.
- In the secret level of Episode 4, in the hallway with a puzzle, there is a picture which is yet another reference to The Independence Day.
- The exterior of the post office in the level Going Postal is modelled after a real life post office that houses the PO Boxes that 3D Realms have had for over 20 years.
- In the level Going Postal, there is a reference to The Simpsons, particularly to a 1993 episode titled "Brother from the Same Planet". Near the bathroom there is a message written next to it, which reads "Trab pu kcip!", which when read backwards is "Pick up Bart!".
- One of the secrets in the level Going Postal contains an area called the "Postal Rifle Association". This is a play on the actual "National Rifle Association".
- In the level Critical Mass, at one point the player would have to go through a grate, just to fall into a trash compactor with water in it. This is reminiscent of a similar scene from the original Star Wars movie.
- In the level Critical Mass, one of the secrets contains a room called SECTOR 7-G. The room also contains boxes of donuts. This is a reference to The Simpsons: Homer Simpson is known to eat donuts at work, and the part of the plant he works in is called "Sector 7G".
- Near the end of the third level of the fourth episode the player can find a secret area. In the middle of the room there is a post with Snake Plissken on it (Kurt Russell's character from the 1996 movie Escape from L.A.). Upon revealing him, Duke will prompt "I guess he didn't escape from L.A.".
Information also contributed by Steve . and Xoleras.
Contributed by Xantheous (1296) on Aug 31, 2000. [revised by : Patrick Bregger (98735) and Medicine Man (367)]. -- edit trivia