Apple IIgs versionThe first port of Dungeon Master was for the Apple IIgs. This port was done while the original Atari ST version was in development.
DOS versionThe DOS version contains some individual marks: it has an extra animation at the end of the game and plays music in the starting screen.
SpeakerIn the United States FTL released an sound adapter along with Dungeon Master. It connected to the computer's joystick port and plugged into any speaker or amplifier to add digital sound to the Dungeon Master game. Built into the device was a 9-pin joystick adapter.
- Computer Gaming World
- October 1988 (Issue #52) - Special Artistic Achievement Award
- November 1989 (Issue #65) - Introduced into the Hall of Fame
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) - #49 on the "150 Best Games of All Time" list
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 12/1999 - #63 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking
- Power Play
- Issue 01/1989 - Best Role Playing Game in 1988
- Retro Gamer
- October 2004 (Issue #9) – #34 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
- ST Format
- August 1991 (Issue #8) – #2 Top Atari ST Classic Games (Editorial staff vote)
- January 1993 (issue #42) – #4 in '50 finest Atari ST games of all time' list
Contributed by Chris Martin (1112) on Feb 07, 2000. [revised by : Patrick Bregger (98738) and Jo ST (6689)]. -- edit trivia