DescriptionElite Plus is a VGA re-make of Bell and Braben's space trading flight simulator, Elite. It is an updated conversion of the original that features new graphics and sounds/music.
The novella included with this package is different from the one that came with the original Elite releases. This version includes the story 'Imprint' by Andy Redman, which formed the latter part of the manual, while the original Elite included The Dark Wheel by Robert Holdstock as a separate book.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Elite series
- Enhanced remakes
- Games with classical music
- Games with included books (fiction)
- Genre: Simulation - Space trading and combat
- Merchant / Trade-oriented games
There are no reviews for this game.
|PC Leisure||Nov, 1990||100|
|Top Secret||Sep, 1992||5 out of 5||100|
|PC Joker||Feb, 1992||88 out of 100||88|
|Power Play||Jun, 1991||83 out of 100||83|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Jun, 1991||9.8 out of 12||82|
|PC-Spiele '92||1991||8 out of 10||80|
|Play Time||May, 1991||78 out of 100||78|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Nov, 1992||50|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Oct, 1991||Unscored||Unscored|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
Nov 20, 2007
ReceptionGenerally considered to be the best official version of Elite for the PC since its release in 1991, Elite Plus was the PC variant of choice for most Elite fans until 2001, when the unofficial retro remake Elite: The New Kind was created for Windows by Christian Pinder from reverse-engineered BBC micro source code and circulated over the web (E:TNK was subsequently ported to other operating systems before being withdrawn for legal reasons).
Related Web Sites
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (Statistics page of compatibility with original DOS version.)
- DOSBox Wiki (The encyclopaedic page of the DOSBox project.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (video game) (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)