Written by  :  Everett Lamb (10)
Written on  :  Apr 14, 2004
read more reviews by Everett Lamb

Summary

Parodies galore

The Good

This was the first and best Interactive Fiction with Graphics game I’ve played. It was a good change to see this game focusing on parodies, more than the storyline itself. I enjoyed getting the items which Eric needed on his quest to save Princess Lorealle. Of all the items, the Pitchfork was my favourite. I also liked the whole underground empire, and the music certainly made it feel more gloomy. I enjoyed a lot about this game, from the introduction right down to the many puzzles there were to solve. There were also a lot of great jokes and game references in this particular game, which the player can enjoy, from Monkey Island to Zork. This game has it all. It even had a so called "review" from Guybrush Theepwood which was funny, I'll admit.

The Bad

A bit too short. Sadly it is a shame to hear that Legend: Entertainment Company is no more. They have produced great games in the past and Eric The Unready is a classic.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking for great quality comedy in a game, pick this up, if not try the Monkey Island series instead.