DescriptionThis is the third and the final part of Eye of the Beholder trilogy. While boasting of their exploits in the the previous game, the party is approached by a man with a tale of a dangerous lich who threatens the surrounding area. Without hesitation the party agrees to deal with the lich, and the mysterious man teleports them into yet another adventure.
The game is more or less the same as the predecessors, the battles play out in the same way as in previous entries. Characters can fight mano-a-mano, or they can throw things, weapons, arrows, etc. Open spaces have been added to the game as well as the ability for the entire party to attack at once. New high level monsters, spells, and equipment can be found as well.
- "EOB3" -- Abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
- Dungeons & Dragons Campaign Setting: Forgotten Realms
- Dungeons & Dragons (D&D / AD&D) licensees
- Eye of the Beholder series
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Gameplay feature: Importable characters
|The Third Game in the Series is a Real Letdown||Great Hierophant (225)|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Jun, 1993||10 out of 12||83|
|PC Joker||Aug, 1993||83 out of 100||83|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jul, 1993||73 out of 100||73|
|Power Play||Jul, 1993||69 out of 100||69|
|Tilt||Dec, 1993||69 out of 100||69|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jun, 1993||64 out of 100||64|
|PC Format (UK)||Dec, 1994||60 out of 100||60|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Apr 21, 2006||10 out of 20||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
EngineEye of the Beholder III's engine is one of the few 16-bit protected-mode engines in DOS games.
Related Web Sites
- Assault on Myth Drannor - FAQs & Guides (A collection of files posted on GameFaqs.com including walkthroughs & hints)
- Crapshoot (A humorous text on PC Gamer which talks about weird aspects of some games; including this one.)