missing cover art
DescriptionFlash Attack is one of the very few multi-machine multiplayer games for the Commodore PET.
In this real-time strategy game two players compete in modern warfare with the goal of destroying each other's base. Each player has two viewports. The first viewport centers on the player's base, the other on his tank. Each player may deploy five tanks, but only one tank at a time. The viewports show the terrain from a top-down perspective.
Aside from tanks each player also has three ICBMs, and the tank can place walls, mines and fire shells. All these resources are in limited supply. Mines are invisible to the enemy and walls can be used to build fake decoy bases. Moving tanks costs gas.
ICBMs are fired by entering an angle and range. At all times you can see your base and tank coordinates to help estimate the required input for an successful ICBM hit on the enemy base or his tank.
It is also possible to play the game on a single machine.
There are no DOS user screenshots for this game.
There are 6 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
4.0 ROM PETS versionThe original version doesn't work on the 4.0 ROM PETs. Larry Anderson developed a fixed version called the 4.0 version.
BBS versionAfter Timothy Stryker found MajorBBS. The game was recreated for the service. This version allowed dial up connection of up to four players and featured other differences as well, such as the ability to have multiple tanks active at once.
Commodore 64 remake
- A fan-made remake for the Commodore 64/128 was in the makes, but development appears to have been abandoned (as of 2011).
- The remake was planned to be able to interface with the original PET version as well.
- The game was originally sold for $15 and required a Parallel Cable which cost at least just as much in stores, but could also be made by hand relatively easy.
- The 'manual' consists of a few photocopied dot-matrix pages.
Related Web Sites
- Portcommodore.com - Larry's Pages: Flash Attack (Retrospective by a long-time fan of the game.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.