Flashback: The Quest for Identity (DOS)

Written by  :  Andrew Dunn (11)
Written on  :  Nov 05, 2001
read more reviews by Andrew Dunn

Summary

Classic game with awesome graphics for its time!

The Good

Well for starters I thought the storyline was great, I mean it doesn't come up in many games where you have to try and get your memory back so I thought it was unique in that way. The graphics were awesome, so smooth and well rendered it must been really impressive when first released. The controls for the game were complicated at first by after about 5 minutes it's like riding a bike. Music is another matter it wasn't really that good but some of the ambience effects were pretty cool and the cinematic to go with really went well together.

The Levels were well set out plus where they placed the enemies was clever, also the puzzles were great and weren't too easy it took me a while to figure them out but I got a very satisfactory feeling for finishing one.

The Bad

There was nothing really bad about this game, and I'm not going to compare it too "Another World" as it ISN'T a sequel to it and it is in no comparison. .

The Bottom Line

They don't make em like this anymore. Classic gaming at its best.