DescriptionFreddy Pharkas was one of the fastest guns in the American West of the 1880's. However in one particular gunfight with an outlaw named Kenny he was outgunned and Freddy had his ear shot off. This traumatic experience caused Freddy to give up his pistols and enroll in the school of pharmacology. Blocking out the memories of his past, Freddy arrives in the town of Coarsegold with the dream to own and run his own pharmacy. Working with the town's doctor, Freddy is able to fill prescriptions, mix concoctions and diagnose simple symptoms. Business among the townsfolk is brisk however, the good times are not to last as suddenly townsfolk are run out of town and businesses are being foreclosed and boarded up. Freddy must deal with the town's problems, and discover the larger plot, or risk having a fancy shop in an empty town and losing all his customers.
Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist is a humorous point-and-click adventure game bearing many similarities to other Sierra titles in the same genre, in particular Leisure Suit Larry series. Players use the command bar at the top of the screen to choose a verb command that is combined with locations and objects visible to the player. Freddy can walk to new locations, look at particular objects, attempt to use objects, talk to people and enter his inventory to access items that have been picked up. Like other Sierra games, successful actions add to the player's score, judging the player on 1000 points.
- "多情藥師酷牛仔" -- Chinese spelling (traditional)
- "הטוב הרע והרוקח (The Good, the bad and the pharmacist)" -- Hebrew spelling
- "Freddy Pharkas, le Cow-Boy Pharmacien" -- French title
- "Freddy Pharkas: Cowboy Farmacéutico" -- Spanish title
- "Freddy Pharkas: Cowboy Apotheker" -- German title
- "Freddy Pharkas, Apotheker im Wilden Westen" -- Alternate German title
Part of the Following Groups
The Press Says
|Adventure Classic Gaming||Apr 17, 2006||100|
|Freegame.cz||Jul 22, 2007||92 out of 100||92|
|Power Unlimited||Nov, 1993||8.9 out of 10||89|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Jan, 1995||10 out of 12||83|
|PC Joker||Jun, 1993||82 out of 100||82|
|Adventure Gamers||May 06, 2004||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Jun, 1993||79 out of 100||79|
|Power Play||Jun, 1993||74 out of 100||74|
|PC Player (Germany)||Jun, 1993||68 out of 100||68|
|Aventura y Cía||Dec 07, 2002||60|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Playing really old games||4||Pseudo_Intellectual (44733)
Sep 05, 2014
CD versionThis game was first released on 3.5 disks but Sierra later offered a version on CD which featured voice acting and an improved soundtrack.
Demo versionThere was a demo version of Freddy Pharkas on a Sierra sampler CD. When you wanted to access a new area or use a special item, a little window would pop up and contain a FMV with Al Lowe that explained that if you want to use this, get the full version. If you continued trying to use the item, you would get hauled off to jail by a sheriff.
ReferencesIn the Saloon, switch the music by talking to the piano player and ask "Zircon Jim's Theme". It's the Leisure Suit Larry theme.
SoundsBy using the Keypad keys with activated NumLock, you can play goofy noises found in the game. A lot of them are from puzzles in the game.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) –#13 Funniest Computer Game
Related Web Sites
- Al Lowe's Humor Site (Co-designer's homepage.)
- FreddyPharkas.com (The premier source of information on one of the greatest graphic adventure games ever made!)
- Freddy Pharkas, Frontier Pharmacist (IMDb page for the game)
- Freddy Pharkas Walkthroughs (on GameFaqs.com)
- Wikipedia (more information about the game)