DescriptionA grand strategical game covering World War 2 in the Pacific and South East Asia areas. The player has to manage every aspect of the conflict: From building Task Forces, moving troops and planes, to managing production, it's all there (and much more). Different starting points to enter the war can be chosen. Either side can be played by a human player.
Part of the Following Groups
- Game with Creator's name
- Gary Grigsby's games
- Historical conflict: World War II
- Pacific War versions
- Setting: Australian / Oceanian
There are no reviews for this game.
|Pelit||Mar, 1993||95 out of 100||95|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Sep, 1993||80|
|PC Joker||Jan, 1993||44 out of 100||44|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Freeware remakeThe company Matrix Games released a freeware remake, also called Gary Grigsby's Pacific War, in 2000. A native Windows version (Pacific War: Matrix Edition) was released some time later and can be found here.
- Computer Gaming World
- October 1993 (Issue #111) – Wargame of the Year
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #109 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #7 Hardest Computer Game
Related Web Sites
- Dan's Pacific War Home Page (Fan site containing patch, new oob and various other help files)