Can't remember the name of a game you're looking for? Try our Find a Game forum!

Goblins Quest 3 (DOS)

Written by  :  rey_ (252)
Written on  :  May 10, 2001
Rating  :  4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars4.25 Stars

read more reviews by rey_

Summary

One of the weirdest, funniest and best adventures!

The Good

This is one of the funniest games I ever played. The entire game is packed with cartoon-style humor. Blount's facial expressions are just priceless. The personages you meet are just completely weird and funny as hell. During most of the game you'll have a sidekick (like Fullbert the boa constrictor, or Ooya the wizard), those are just hilarious.

The situations you get into are all completely weird. Puzzles not extremely difficult, and they make perfect sense, once you start thinking in cartoon logic that is. For the cases when you really are stuck, you can use up to five jokers to get the solution of that particular bit.

Really nice is that you switch personages during the game: part of the game you play as a flea! The alchemist's lab is also quite original: you're not walking around, but you just see your two hands flying around the room.

The Bad

The disk version is protected with an irritating copy protection scheme. With the game you get a piece of paper with about a thousand colored boxed, then the game asks the color of one of them. If you're like me, you lose that sheet within two weeks. Luckily, there are eight colors, and you get two tries, so you have a 1/4 chance of getting in.

The Bottom Line

This is a game you just have to play. I have never seen another game that came close to being as funny as Goblins 3.